The NMRA Online Library has not determined copyright status for many of the materials in our collections. However, materials appearing on NMRA.org, have been reviewed to determine that dissemination via the Internet will not violate the rights of known copyright holders or state or federal privacy laws. For other materials not on NMRA.org, the NMRA Online Library is not responsible for either determining the copyright status of the materials or for securing copyright permission. Possessing reproductions of the NMRA Online Library materials does not constitute permission to use. Users of materials are required to request permission prior to using materials in publications. The NMRA Online Library charges use fees in order to support the maintenance of the collections.
The user agrees to the following conditions:
1. Credit Line: The credit line must read "NMRA Online Library collection" or if downloaded from the web site (digital image), use "NMRA.org, NMRA Online Library collection, Copy and Reuse Restrictions Apply". For all web uses the credit line must be placed near the image and linked to our web use policy at http://archive.nmra.org/TermsandConditions.aspx.
2. Direct Promotion: The images may be used in the direct promotion of the work, but wider use or use in subsequent editions will require renegotiation.
3. Ownership: The NMRA Online Library does not claim exclusive ownership of the rights to all materials in our collections. We are simply granting permission to use images in our collections.
4. Fees: The NMRA Online Library charges use fees to support the preservation and maintenance of our collections.
Use fees will not be refunded.
5. Indemnification: The user agrees to defend, indemnify, save, and hold harmless the NMRA Online Library, PRRP, Ltd., its employees, officers or designates, from any and all costs, expense, damage and liability arising because of any claim whatsoever which may be presented by anyone for loss or damage or other relief occasioned or caused by the release of said materials to the undersigned and their use in any manner, including their inspection, publication, reproduction, broadcast, duplication or printing by anyone for any purpose whatsoever.
6. Image Manipulation: The NMRA Online Library’s primary interest is to protect the integrity of the original image, drawing, map or document. The Library will not allow the inversion of the original or the removal (except for allowable cropping) or addition of content. We will allow adjustments to contrast and sharpness, dust spotting and repair cloning. Images may be cropped at the edges or a portion may be selected from within an image.
7. Endorsement: Use of materials from the NMRA Online Library does not imply that the library endorses any product, enterprise, expressed opinions, or confirms the accuracy of any content on a web site, in publication, and broadcast.
8. Web Site Use: Images may be distributed via the World-Wide Web, as part of a single online display, exhibit, site or online collection. Any additional or different use of the image(s) will require permission renegotiation. Image Resolution: The NMRA Online Library will not allow an image with a resolution higher than 150 dpi to be placed on a web site.
9. Noncompliance: The NMRA Online Library reserves the right to refuse to grant permission and/or provide imaging and audiovisual services to anyone who has not complied with our policies.
Please note: The user assumes all responsibility for conforming with the laws of libel and copyright which may be involved in the use of these materials.
I have read and agree to abide by the conditions listed above.
The NMRA Online Library reserves the right to waive fees or other requirements on an individual basis at our discretion.